The BarcodeFactory offers a Free Bar Code Generator! Create a label online that can be scanned or saved as a file into your documents. Make your own barcode label online. How do I create a free bar code? Follow the simple steps below. We cannot provide technical support for this free bar code generator application. UPC Barcodes and UPC Numbers require registration with the UCC, (Uniform Code Council). There is a fee to register your UPC code and the UCC provides these numbers. They cannot be made at random.
3 Simple Steps to enter when creating a bar code…
1. DATA TO ENCODE – The data can be numbers, text, web addresses or anything regarding a particular sku for a given product.
2. BARCODE SYMBOLOGIES – There are a multitude of bar code symbologies to choose from but, the more common ones are Code 128, Code 39, UPC-A and UPC-E. Code 128 is variable length and encodes the full 128 ASCII character set. Each character is represented by 11 modules that can be one of four bar widths. “Code 128″ is the most easily read code with the highest message integrity due to several separate message check routines. “Code 39″ is the most frequently use symbology in industrial bar code systems today! The principle feature is to encode messages using the full alphanumeric character set. Three of the nine elements (bars) are wide and six elements are narrow.
3. UPDATE BARCODE – Which generates the barcode in a new window as a .gif image file that would be saved to your computer and later used for printing from your barcode printer.
Some Applications and Solutions where you can increase productivity and accuracy in turn decreasing cost almost immediately creating a barcode:
- Inventory Control
- Work in Progress (WIP)
- Security “With a Touch of a Button”
- Moving Target Applications
- End of Year Inventory
- Point of Sale (POS)
- Credit Card Processing
Virtually every type of industry is using bar codes to replace keyboard data entry. Most systems do not usually have to be modified to support bar coding. Experience shows that it is best to start with a simple configuration to quickly see the results and slowly build confidence before tackling more advanced applications.
Feel free to contact us regarding creating a barcode or if needed we can help you design your very own custom barcode and labels! – Free Bar Code Generator