You’ll find some major changes in BarTender 2019 software from Seagull Scientific. If, you’re upgrading from an older version of BarTender, there are some changes that you should be aware of.
View the list of major things that you need to know below.
- All editions of BarTender are now licenses by printer
- BarTender 2019 has a new licensing service that replaces Seagull license server. This licensing service is not backwards compatible with older versions of BarTender. This means that you must update your BarTender clients at the same time that you update your master license server.
- BarTender 2019 greatly simplifies the installation process, installing most BarTender components with every installation.
- A local BarTender System Database is installed on every BarTender workstation, but each workstation can be configured to use a centralized System Database if you prefer.
Comparing BarTender 2019 Editions
Automation Edition has ALL Professional features plus the added below. Enterprise Edition has ALL Automation features plus the added below.
- Intelligent Templates
- Read data from CSV files, databases and Excel
- Easily search and select records for printing
- Encode RFID labels and smart cards
- Auto print from any OS systems or device in response to data transactions and SDK requests
- Secure the printing environment with user and group roles
- Monitor live print status and view detailed history of system usage
- Print from any OS or Android device
- Print from any iOS or Android device
- Auto print in response to Web service API or TCP/IP comms
- Integrate with SAP or Oracle
- Take advantage of centralized system management, browser-hosted printing, centralized template storage with revision control, electronic signature support, full SDK control, smart card encoding and more